Boarding at Beech Stone Farm
Our farm dream started with Mars, the best first horse our family could have asked for. Measuring in at 17hh a percheron cross with the best school horse style personality, our dream of having a huge field for him for the rest of his life (and maybe a couple of friends) set in motion the early plans for BeechStone Farm. Our family now includes Mars (22yr old percheron), Whiskey (16 yr old clydesdale cross), Mac (4 yr old percheron cross), Wellington (2 yr old clydesdale cross), Breeze (late teens pony) and Abby (mid-teens pony) and we lovingly remember Storm, our larger than life driving percheron. Our farm is also home to donkeys, goats, alpalca and a small long horn herd! We participate in and have a wonderful coach for jumping, hunter, dressage and pony lessons.
We are proud to offer our horses 99 acres of peaceful well-maintained fields, with custom seeded grass, our own cut hay in netted rounds and squares analyzed yearly, drinking posts in fields for fresh water year round and large shelters. We have custom made huge stalls in our bank barn for when the weather turns but pride ourselves on offering maximum turnout for healthy happy horses.
Our farm is private and quiet and for this reason we are particular about making sure a boarder is a good fit. We are pleased to offer very limited space for horse boarding. Please review the details below and contact us for a meet and greet if you feel our farm may suit you and your horse.
We welcome laid back well mannered horses. We are a great retirement home as well as being best suited to low key riding taking advantage of our trails, grass ring, round pen and fields to ride through. May/June 2023 brings the addition of a 200 X 80 indoor riding dome and re-freshed sand ring.
We provide top quality care but at this time we aren't taking any horses that are show focused, high maintenance or have high care needs. We may consider mare/foal or young growing horses needing a calm and quiet place to grow.
Your horse will be part of our family and looked after primarily by us like they are our own. We cherish our special farm and welcome those looking for a similar home for their horse.
Overview of Horse Boarding
Outdoor only board
Openings: none at this time. If you'd like to join the waitlist for our new outdoor boarding field feel free to send us an email.
- Heated tack room & reasonable tack / trunk storage.
- All new horses are subject to quarantine for up to 21 days when moving to our farm before integrating into an appropriate herd. No exceptions, we take bio-security and the safety of our horses very serious.
- Boarders must maintain good standing for payment to vet, farriers and any other service providers the boarder utilizes for their horse while boarding here.
- We require all horses at minimum receive an annual check up with an equine vet that includes vaccine review/administration if needed, worming and dental if needed. The farm's vet can do this or the boarder's vet as agreed upon with the farm. Cost not included with board.
- We also require all horses receive farrier services on a consistent schedule as determined by a farrier. Cost not included with board. The farm will hold at not extra cost for farrier service provided by the farm's farrier. Outside farriers are welcome with the boarder and farm agreeing on an arrangement for scheduling and holding.
- No outside dogs: for the happiness and safety of our own dogs, we do not allow boarders to bring their dog (s).
- Boarders are required to have liability insurance (ex: Ontario Equestrian offers this or https://crhra.ca/).
- Helmets are required when riding.
Contact The Farm
For boarding enquiries please email aelewis[at]beechstonefarm.com